Shop this product in our online store
Arrayit | Microarray VacuSeal vacuum packing microplates heat sealing bags storage 110 volt 220 volt life sciences research
Instruments - Microarray Processing - VacuSeal™ Microplate Vacuum Sealing Systems and Bags for Vacuum Packing Applications in Research, Life Sciences, Diagnostics and Pharma
Arrayit VacuSeal™ Microplate systems set a new standard for microplate storage by combining a durable vacuum sealing system and storage pouches. This combination of technologies eliminates sample evaporation and protects against environmental damage of samples stored in 96-, 384- and 1536-well microplates and other laboratory implements and containers. Arrayit VacuSeal™ Microplate systems offer the highest performance specifications and instrument color and appearance may differ from the unit shown here based on production and availability.
Table of Contents
- Quality Control
- Product Description
- Technical Assistance
- Short Protocol
- Complete Protocol
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Ordering Information
Congratulations on taking a big step towards improving the affordability, quality and speed of your genomics, biomedical, pharmaceutical and agricultural research. This booklet contains all the information required to take full advantage of Arrayit's ArrayIt® Brand VacuSeal™ Microplate System.
Arrayit International, Inc. takes every measure to assure the quality of each VacuSeal™ Microplate System. The finest engineering was used to develop this product.
Arrayit's ArrayIt® Brand VacuSeal™ Microplate System provides the highest quality microplate storage system at an affordable price. No other microplate sealing system on the market can compete with this product in terms of affordability and performance.
VacuSeal™ Microplate System Includes:
- Arrayit VacuSeal™ Instrument (vacuum and and heat sealing)
- 10 VacuSeal™ Bags*
- 10 foil seals*
*additional bags and seals can be purchased separately (see catalog IDs at the end of this document).
Users will appreciate the following features:
- Eliminates sample evaporation problems in stored microplates
- Protects samples from environmental damage
- Durable VacuSeal™ bags withstand freezing to –80C.
- Heavy-duty hardware (made in the USA).
- VacuSeal™ bags are reusable
- Accommodates all types of microplates
Please contact us if you have any comments, suggestions, or if you need technical assistance. By electronic mail: email@example.com (under the subject heading please type, "ArrayIt technical assistance"). By email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Monday–Friday PST 9:00am - 4:30pm. Please remember that we want to hear about your successes!
Safety & Maintenance
Do not use VacuSeal™ on a wet or hot surface or near a heat source. Do not immerse the machine or power cord in any liquid. Unplug before cleaning and use only mild soap or cleaners compatible with stainless steel.
- Turn unit on and press the blue mode button to AUTO MODE. Check indicator light to make sure the setting is correct.
- Use a foil seal (provided) to seal the microplate you wish to store (optional, see complete protocol).
- Place microplate inside the VacuSeal™ Bag, textured side down.
- Place microplate and bag on a microscope slide box in front of the VacuSeal™ machine.
- Align the open end of the bag inside the VacuSeal™ chamber.
- Press the green START button to turn on the vacuum, then press the lid down to start the vacuum to pull the air out of the VacuSeal™ bag.
- The VacuSeal™ machine will automatically complete the vacuum and sealing step.
- Remove “VacuSeal™ed” microplate from the system and store at an appropriate temperature for your samples.
- Repeat steps 1 –9 to VacuSeal™ another microplate.
- Turn unit on and press the blue mode button to AUTO MODE. Check indicator light to make sure the setting is correct. The default mode when the machine is turned on is AUTO MODE.
- Use a foil seal (provided) to seal the microplate you wish to store. Use of the foil seal is optional, however it will provide an effective barrier against cross contamination. The use or non-use of the foil seal has no effect on evaporation.
- Place microplate inside VacuSeal™ bag, textured side down. Textured side down assures that the bag pulls a proper vacuum and seal. If a foil seal is not being used pay careful attention not to invert the microplate. The size of the bag accommodates a variety of 96, 384 and 1536 plate thickness and sizes.
- Place microplate and bag on a slide box in front of the VacuSeal™ machine. Using the slide box provided sets the proper level of the bag and microplate for easy operation.
- Align the open end of the bag inside the VacuSeal™ channel and make sure that there are no wrinkles in the bag along the seal bar. Failure to properly align the open end of the bag with the air channel will result in no vacuum being pulled from the bag.
- Press down on the lid gently until air starts to exit the bag, then release. Never manually pull the lever up while it’s pulling a vacuum; this will damage the unit. To disrupted the vacuuming process, simply press the red SEAL NOW button. This stops the vacuum process and immediately seals the bag. SEAL NOW function only works during the vacuum process.
- The VacuSeal™ unit will automatically complete the vacuum and sealing step once the vacuum starts pulling. The vacuum and sealing step times can be adjusted using the dials on the front of the machine using the MANUAL mode. Setting the sealing step too long can result in perforation of the bag on the edge of the plate.
- Remove the “VacuSeal™ed” microplate from the system and store at an appropriate temperature for your samples. The VacuSeal™ bag can withstand a variety of temperatures, including deep freeze (up to -80 C).
- Repeat steps 1-9 to VacuSeal™ another microplate. Bags can be cut open with scissors and reused. The unit turns itself off automatically after 5 minutes of idleness.
Pouch fails to seal
- Improper sealing adjustment, increase time
Machine fails to pull a vacuum from the bag
- Improper alignment of the open edge of the bag inside the unit
Figure 1. Shown are several different types of microplates sealed with VacuSeal™ technology for storage, including a microplate with a foil seal (left) and two microplates with lids (right).
Figure 2. Arrayit VacuSeal™ technology (Cat. VMS110V) was used to vacuum seal a 7 x 7 x 7 cm open plastic box containing 250 grams of sodium chloride. The total sealing time was 60 seconds.