Products - Microarray Tools - High-Capacity Vacuum Manifold Microplate Filtration Apparatus for 96-Well and 384-Well DNA Purification Kits
Arrayit High-Capacity Vacuum Manifold (AVM) provides an extremely convenient and high-throughput device for manual and semi-automated vacuum purification of PCR products, dye terminator products, fluorescent probes, and other types of molecules used in microarray analysis.
Table of Contents
- Quality Control
- Product Description
- Technical Assistance
- Short Protocol
- Complete Protocol
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Ordering Information
- Operation Conditions
Congratulations on taking a big step towards improving the economies of scale, quality and speed of your genomics research. This booklet contains information needed to use Arrayit’s ArrayIt® brand High-Capacity Vacuum Manifold (AVM).
Arrayit assures the performance of this product. The finest scientific research went into the development of this product. Rigorous quality control monitoring of every device guarantees that this vacuum manifold exceeds the highest industry standards.
Arrayit’s ArrayIt® brand High-Capacity Vacuum Manifold (AVM) sets a new standard for laboratory vacuum manifolds. The AVM is easy to use, rugged, durable, and can be used with any standard footprint microplate.
Users will appreciate the following features:
- Compatible with all standard microplates
- Accommodates 96- and 384-well plates
- Clear acrylic top allows easy visibility
- Ideal for PCR product, dye terminator and fluorescent probe purification
- Filter 4 plates simultaneously
- Can be operated manually or in a semi-automated manner
- Central reagent tray for easy liquid transfer
- Eluent reservoir holds flow through
- Dual valves for one or two vacuum lines
- Can be used with any vacuum pump
- Small footprint
- Provides years of maintenance-free operation
Please contact us if you have any comments, suggestions, or if you need technical assistance. By electronic mail: firstname.lastname@example.org (under the subject heading please type ArrayIt technical assistance). By telephone: (408) 744-1331, Monday—Friday PST 9:00am - 4:30pm. Please remember that we want to hear about your successes!
- Remove Vacuum Manifold from packaging material.
- Connect vacuum spindle to vacuum pump.
- Place 96-well or 384-well plates into position of 4 filter ports.
- Pipette samples in filter plates.
- Turn valve to “on” position to initiate vacuum filtration.
- Empty eluent reservoir after use.
- Rinse and wipe dry for storage.
- Remove Vacuum Manifold from packaging material. Place the Vacuum Manifold on a bench top or other solid working surface.
- Connect vacuum spindle to vacuum pump. Turn the vacuum valve into the “off” position, such that the red valve is perpendicular to the direction of airflow. Attach a vacuum pump to the Vacuum Manifold by inserting the vacuum tubing over the threaded vacuum spindle. Power the Vacuum Pump on.
- Place 96-well or 384-well plates into position of 4 filter ports. The 4 filter ports on the top of the Vacuum Manifold hold up to 4 standard microplates. The Vacuum Manifold is ideally suited for use with Arrayit’s PCR Purification Kits, Dye Terminator Clean-Up Kits, and Fluorescent Probe Purification Kits. Empty filter port locations can be fitted with empty plates in experiments using fewer than 4 microplates. The Vacuum Manifold is well suited for all vacuum-based filtration procedures.
- Pipette samples in filter plates. Use a manual or automatic pipetting device to transfer buffers and samples into the microplates. The reagent reservoir on the top center portion of the vacuum manifold can be used to hold buffers during the pipetting steps.
- Turn valve to “on” position to initiate vacuum filtration. Once the samples have been transferred to the microplates, initiate filtration by turning the red vacuum valve one-quarter turn clockwise into the “on” position. Samples should flow slowly through the filter plates and into the eluent reservoir. If a vacuum seal is not achieved, make certain that all 4 microplates are seated correctly against the black rubber gaskets in the filter ports. Vacuum flow can be turned on and off during multiple pipetting steps, by turning the vacuum valve into the open and closed positions. At the end of the filtration process, turn the valve into the “off” position.
- Empty eluent reservoir after use. Sample eluent will accumulate in the white eluent reservoir located between the top and bottom portions of the Vacuum Manifold. Eluent is removed by inverting the reservoir into a sink or waste container.
- Rinse and wipe dry for storage. After use, make certain to rinse and clean the Vacuum Manifold in preparation for future use.
Figure 1. ArrayIt® brand High-Capacity Vacuum Manifold (AVM) shown in disassembled form. The base, eluent reservoir and clean top fit together into a compact assembly. Vacuum filtration of PCR products, dye terminator products, fluorescent probes, and other molecules is highly recommended for microarray and DNA sequencing applications.
Equipment and Reagents
PCR Purification Kits
Fluorescent Probe Purification Kits
Dye Terminator Cleanup Kits
Manifold fails to pull sufficient vacuum
- Make certain a microplate is seated in all four microplate ports
- Make sure manifold top and base are sealed properly
- Press down firmly on all four microplates to initiate the vacuum
To order ArrayIt® Brand Products email email@example.com, call 408-744-1331, FAX 408-744-1711 or click on the purchase button above to proceed directly to the purchase page.
Price (US dollars)*
ArrayIt® High-Capacity Vacuum Manifold
High capacity vacuum manifold for use with PCR, dye terminator, fluorescent probe purification, or any other microplate-based filtration application
*International pricing may vary as much as 30% (or more depending on country) due to import duties, stocking fees and technical support.
*Add shipping and handling to all orders.
Arrayit Vacuum Manifolds (Cat. AVM) should be stored and operated at ambient temperatures and humidity. The vacuum manifold performs well across a wide range of ambient temperatures and relative humidity and is compatible with class 1 cleanrooms. It should provide many years of maintenance-free use if operated properly.
ArrayIt® brand products have been scientifically developed and are sold for research purposes only. ArrayIt® brand products are not for use in human diagnostics or for drug purposes, nor are they to be administered to humans in any way. Extreme care and exact attention should be practiced in the use of the materials described herein. All ArrayIt® brand products are subject to extensive quality control and are guaranteed to perform as described when used properly. Any problems with our ArrayIt® brand product should be reported to Arrayit immediately. Arrayit’s liability is limited to the replacement of the product, or a full refund. Any misuse of this product including deviations from our protocols is the full responsibility of the user, and Arrayit makes no warranty or guarantee under such circumstances.
Copyright 1993-2016 Arrayit Corporation. All rights reserved.