Products - Microarray Instruments - Oil-Free Cleanroom Vacuum Pumps
Arrayit vacuum pumps set a new standard for oil-free cleanroom laboratory vacuum pumps. Our AVP products are extremely quiet, rugged and durable, and can be used for the full spectrum of microarray, life sciencs and semi-conductor applications including solution filtration, vacuum stations, vacuum manifolds for DNA purification, cleanroom accessories, and many applications.
Table of Contents
- Quality Control
- Product Description
- Technical Specifications
- Technical Assistance
- Short Protocol
- Complete Protocol
- Troubleshooting Tips
- Ordering Information
- Operation Conditions
Congratulations on taking a big step towards improving the economies of scale, quality and speed of your genomics research. This booklet contains information needed to use Arrayit’s ArrayIt® Brand Vacuum Pump (AVP).
Arrayit assures the performance of this product. The finest scientific research went into the development of this product. Rigorous quality control monitoring of every instrument guarantees that this vacuum pump exceeds the highest industry standards.
Arrayit’s ArrayIt® Brand Vacuum Pumps (Cat. AVP and AVP220) set a new standard for laboratory vacuum pumps. The AVPs are extremely quiet, rugged and durable, and can be used to power vacuum stations in microarray robots, vacuum manifolds for DNA purification, vacuum filtration, and many other laboratory applications.
Users will appreciate the following features:
- Compatible with all microarray robot dry stations
- Ideal for PCR Purification and other microplate-based kits
- Can be used with any vacuum manifold
- Near noise-free operation of 45dB
- Ultra-low vibration
- Low thermal output
- Excellent all-purpose vacuum pump for laboratory applications
- Oil-free and fully cleanroom compatible
- Rugged design ensures years of maintenance-free performance
- In-line filter traps particles and vapors
- Quick release tubing connector simplifies use
- Uses convenient 5/16” and 3/8” (8 and 10 mm) vacuum tubing
- Vacuum meter on front of unit allows easy reading
- Easy access on/off switch
- 110-volt and 220-volt versions for world-wide usage
- 0.8 bar vacuum pressure (Maximum Vacuum 440mbar-550mbar)
- 2.1 cubic feet per minute (70 liters/min) air flow
- 45 decibel (dB) noise level at 1 meter
- Input hose fitting ports of 10mm + 6mm or 3/8" + 1/4
- 2 meter (6 ft) power cord
- Weight: 18 lbs (8.1 kg)
- Size (L, W, H): 12.4 x 7.1 x 8.7 in (315 x 180 x 220 mm)
- CE approved
- Low power consumption of 95 watts
- U.S. version (Cat. AVP): 110 volts at 60 Hz
- Overseas version (Cat. AVP220): 220 volts at 50 Hz
Please contact us if you have any comments, suggestions, or if you need technical assistance. By electronic mail: email@example.com (under the subject heading please type ArrayIt technical assistance). By telephone: (408) 744-1331, Monday—Friday PST 9:00am - 4:30pm. Please remember that we want to hear about your successes!
- Remove Vacuum Pump from packaging material.
- Insert plug into a standard 3-prong 110-volt outlet.
- Insert vacuum tubing into red “quick connect” port.
- Turn on red power switch.
- Turn off red power switch after use.
- Remove Vacuum Pump from packaging material. For standard laboratory use, simply remove packaging material and use immediately. For cleanroom use, decontaminate the packaging material with forced air and ethanol prior to moving the unit into the cleanroom vestibule. Once inside the vestibule or changing area, unwrap the pump and transport into the cleanroom. The oil-free operation is ideal for cleanroom applications.
- Insert plug into a standard 3-prong 110-volt outlet. Unwrap the black power cord and insert it into a standard 110-volt electrical outlet containing 3 ports.
- Insert vacuum tubing into red “quick connect” port. Connect the vacuum manifold, microarray robot dry station, filtration apparatus, or any other device of interest by inserting a length of 1/4” (6.4 mm) rigid vacuum tubing into the quick connect port on the front of the instrument. Press the tubing into place firmly, making sure that the tubing penetrates the beveled portion on the interior of the quick connect. Rigid vacuum tubing such as irrigation tubing is ideal because it inserts more readily, though softer tubing types such as silicon tubing also work well. To disconnect the tubing, press inward on the red collar of the connector, and pull firmly outward on the tubing. Do not attempt to disconnect the tubing without first pressing inward on the red collar.
- Turn on red power switch. Vacuum pressure is initiated by powering on the Vacuum Pump using the red power switch on the front of the unit. The vacuum limiter pressure knob stops the strength of the vacuum exceeding whatever you have set it to.
- Turn off red power switch after use. The ArrayIt Vacuum Pump (AVP) is not intended for continuous use. Please power the unit down after each use. Nominally, the pump is intended to be used for up to 8 consecutive hours, after which time the unit should be powered down. Continuous use may result in accelerated wear and may pose a safety hazard due to overheating.
Fig. 1. ArrayIt® brand Vacuum Pumps (AVP) running a microarrayer dry station in dual mode in a class 100 cleanroom. Two pumps are connected in parallel for greater performance. The quiet, low thermal output, oil-free operation is ideal for a cleanroom environment.
Fig. 1. ArrayIt® brand Vacuum Pumps feature 0.1 µm air filtration on the air intake and a fully sealed pump to prevent particulate generation during use. Vacuum pumps are decontaminated completely after manufacturing and testiing to remove particulates and biological contaminants. Arrayit pumps are extremely quiet during operation, offer low thermal output and oil-free operation, and are ideal for use in class 1-1,000 cleanroom environments for research, life sciences, diagnostics, healthcare and other applications.
Linear Pump Operating Principle
The activated electromagnet attracts the piston against the return spring, while air is taken into the cylinder through the open inlet valve. When the electromagnet is deactivated, the return spring pushes the piston back, and the compressed air is moved out of the cylinder through the outlet valve.
Equipment and Reagents
Vacuum Filter Manifold
PCR Purification Kits
Fluorescent Probe Purification Kits
Dye Terminator Cleanup Kits
Pump fails to pull sufficient vacuum
- Adjust the black pressure screw beneath the pressure gauge.
- Make certain the 5/8” tubing is inserted fully in the quick release
Click here and here for recent scientific publications using ArrayIt® brand products and vacuum-based approaches.
To order ArrayIt® brand Products: call 408-744-1331, fax 408-744-1711, email firstname.lastname@example.org or click on the purchase buttons above to proceed directly to the purchase page.
Price (US dollars)*
Arrayit Vacuum Pump, 110-Volt Version
High performance, high air flow, oil-free, extremely quiet and durable vacuum pump for exacting scientific applications including microarray dry stations, vacuum manifolds, and other laboratory equipment. The 110-volt version provides “best in class” service for domestic customers.
Arrayit Vacuum Pump, 220-Volt Version
High performance, high air flow, oil-free, extremely quiet and durable vacuum pump for exacting scientific applications including microarray dry stations, vacuum manifolds, and other laboratory equipment. The 220-volt version provides “best in class” service for overseas customers.
Vacuum Pump Discounts
1-5 pumps = list price
6-10 pumps = 5% discount
11-15 pumps = 10% discount
16-20 pumps = 15% discount
21+ pumps = 20% discount
*International pricing may vary as much as 30% (or more depending on country) due to import duties, stocking fees and technical support.
*Add shipping and handling to all orders.
Arrayit Vacuum Pump (AVP) products should be stored and operated at ambient temperatures and humidity. The vacuum pumps perform well across a wide range of ambient temperatures and relative humidity and are fully compatible with class 100 cleanrooms. These pumps should provide 2-3 years of maintenance-free high performance operation if used properly.
ArrayIt® brand products have been scientifically developed and are sold for research purposes. Extreme care and exact attention should be practiced in the use of the materials described herein. All ArrayIt® products are subject to extensive quality control and are guaranteed to perform as described when used properly. Any problems with an ArrayIt® brand product should be reported to Arrayit immediately. Arrayit’s liability is limited to the replacement of the product, or a full refund. Any misuse of this product including deviations from our protocols is the full responsibility of the user, and Arrayit makes no warranty or guarantee under such circumstances.
Copyright 1993-2018 Arrayit Corporation. All rights reserved.